PJ&PJTaylor pty ltd Electrical Engineers & Electrical Contractors
Our main business activity was machine tool automation, control system design & automation combined with electrical contacting , this often lead us to requests to modify machines to operate from single phase power , unfortunately machine conversions did not always prove to be the best way to approach the problem, we used several types of phase converters with varying success & could see very clearly that if we could develop a converter that matched our customers needs it could be a viable business as the converter in many cases formed a front line activity in a rural business operation.
We made a decision to reinvest capital each year to improve & further develop our product .. the time & money spent has paid off over the years:
- 1993 Dowerin Field day award ” Best new Release”
- 1994 rotary converter drive & rotor re-design to improve phase relationship
- 1996 start controller re-design to improve reliability in poor voltage areas
- 1996 worked with our capacitor supplier in Europe to double micron layer of capacitors to match our design specifications & suit the demanding rural field voltage conditions
- 1997 improved converter control options ,auto start , single wire start.
- 1998 developed the VolTrak system to provide a balanced three phase output to meet the demands of modern equipment
- 1999 released the second generation rotary phase converter.
- 1999 C-Tick approval ( N 10944 ) for both Static & Rotary converters
- 2000 released the LoadTrak control system for rotary converters
- 2002 released the FaultTrak system for rotary converters
- 2004 Released the NeuTrak system that provide a balanced voltage to neutral
- 2004 released the Floating pole rotary , this redefines the rotary converter & sets the bar high
- 2005 opened office in Timaru New Zealand
- 2006 Released wireless control for rotary converters
- 2009 Power quality audits and reporting for regonial power utilities
- 2011 High efficiency / Low power consumption rotary converter
- 2015 SiteNet – Ethernet enabled rotary converters, remote access-remote diagnosis-remote monitoring from anywhere.